Inspection and testing in Liverpool area
Electricians in Liverpool
Do you require an electrical safety check in Liverpool? Give us a call to discuss your requirements.
We specialise in all aspects of electrical testing and inspection including
- Electrical Installation Certificates
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports
- Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificates
- Visual Condition Reports
- Fire Alarms
- Emergency Lighting
- Landlords Safety Reports
Certification for all of our installations
At Orrell Electrics Liverpool we take pride and care in all of our installations and we always provide certification.
All of our work is traceable.
We register all of our installations to Local Authority Building Control, this is achieved via the official NICEIC website.
We have been assessed on a yearly basis and this means we can self-certify all of our work.
This gives you peace of mind in the installation and you have a copy of the work which can be easily accessed at any time.
For your electrical works in Liverpool and surrounding areas use Orrell Electrics for a professional service from initial quote to completion.
Electrical Installation Work - Common Faults Found During Inspection and Testing
Some of the more common faults we come across whilst testing:
- Earthing to gas/water stopcock - All exposed conductive parts of an installation must be connected to main earth terminal within an installation, often this is missing substantially increasing the risk of an electric shock in the event of a fault.
- Downlighters not fire rated - Often we see downlighters which are poorly connected with the terminations to the fittings in a really dangerous condition. Also no fire protection to the fittings and bathroom fittings 'rusted' ie not adequate for the environment. Earthing deliberately cut out of the supply cables etc
- No additional protection for external sockets - All external sockets must be protected by a residual current device, this device could save your life in the event of a fault ie run over a mower cable.
- DIY electrics - Incorrect cables used for additional sockets, light fittings poorly connected, live cables 'taped up' left hanging from walls, ceilings etc, incorrectly sized fuses on circuits.
- Hidden connections - BS767 wiring regulations states all connections must be accessible for inspection, often whilst fault finding when lifting floorboards or inspecting loft space we find numerous poorly terminated connection blocks causing problems. Unable to trace supplies to outside lights etc.
Always use an approved electrician for all of your electrical work and avoid these common mistakes and keep your home and loved ones safe.